The Corporate Finance Executive will support the team members across other corporate finance disciplines with administrative duties and be expected to participate on various projects such as buy side and sell side transactions, raising debt finance and preparing relevant documentation such as forecasts and valuations.
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 6 - 12 months of relevant work experience in corporate finance who is looking to start their career with an award winning, high growth group working alongside a talented and intelligent team whom they will be able to learn from.
The successful individual will need to be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of corporate finance with excellent commercial acumen and the ability to see how their work contributes to the bigger picture.
As part of a professional services group, the candidate will need to be aware of the need to maintain strict confidentiality, as you will be asked to work on sensitive documents from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the team with administrative duties.
- Participate and support the team with buy side and sell side transactions.
- Prepare and complete relevant documents (information memorandum, forecasts, valuations).
- Support with raising debt finance.
- Support with sourcing and raising of equity investment.
- Support with the teams ability to win and maintain relationships with clients, funders and investors.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree in finance or accounting (essential).
- Working towards becoming ACCA or ACA qualified (desirable).
Previous Experience and Knowledge
- The successful candidate will need to have at least 12 months relevant work experience in corporate finance.
- A solid and understanding of corporate finance and excellent commercial acumen.
- Understanding and awareness of industry and business trends.
- Dynamic, personable and able to handle working within a fast-paced environment.
- Maturity, professionalism and high level of discretion.
- Exemplary work ethic with a positive can do attitude.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with the ability to conduct research and data analysis.
Work Based Competencies
- A strategic thinker with excellent commercial acumen.
- Personable, calm and collective under pressure.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Organised, attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience.
Specific requirements for the role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Working hours are 9am to 5pm Mondays to Thursdays and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays.
- Due to the nature of the role, we may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What we're offering
- Competitive salary.
- 22 days holiday per year, plus the usual bank holidays in England and Wales.
- Good central location with a free on site car park.
How to Apply
Please email a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com